The Cisco SPA3102 Voice Gateway with Router features the ability to connect standard telephones and fax machines to IP-based data networks with the additional benefit of an integrated connection for an existing PSTN telephone network.
SPA3102 users will be able to leverage their broadband phone service more than ever by automatically routing local calls from mobile phones and land lines over to VoIP service providers and vice versa. If power is lost to the unit or your Internet service is down, calls can be redirected to the PSTN carrier via the FXO interface.
A user calling from a mobile phone or land line will be able to reduce and even eliminate international and long distance telephone charges by first calling their SPA3102 via a local telephone number. The authentication and call routing intelligence programmed into the SPA3102 will route the call via the Internet to the far end destination. In addition, when using the SPA3102 at the far end, VoIP calls placed to that location can be either answered or further processed and routed on as a local call to any legacy land line or mobile phone.
The SPA3102 supports one RJ-11 POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) FXS port to connect an existing analog phone or fax machine. The SPA3102 also supports one PSTN FXO port to connect to a Telco or PBX circuit. The SPA3102 includes 2 100BaseT RJ-45 Ethernet interfaces to connect to a home or office LAN, as well as an Ethernet connection to a broadband modem or router. The SPA3102 FXS and FXO lines can be independently configured via software controlled by the service provider or the end user.
Installed by the end user and remotely provisioned, configured and maintained by the service provider, each SPA3102 converts voice traffic into data packets for transmission over an IP network. Compact in design, the SPA3102 can be used in consumer and business VoIP service offerings. The SPA3102 uses international standards for voice and data networking for reliable voice and fax operation.
- Toll Quality Voice and Carrier-Grade Feature Support.
- Ideal for Large-Scale Deployment and Management.
- Ironclad Security.
- Supports Multiple VoIP Service Providers (for out-going calls)
- Single Stage and Two Stage Dialing
- Forward Calls to VoIP service - Selective, Authenticated, All
- Forward Calls to PSTN service - Selective, Authenticated, All
- PSTN Line Sharing with Multiple Extensions
- Automatic PSTN Fallback (Loss of Power or IP Service to Unit)
- G.711 Fax Pass Through or Real Time Fax over IP via T.38
- Able to integrate PSTN lines to IP PBX systems